The College Credit Plus Program was created to enhance students’ college and career readiness and postsecondary success. The program is open to students in grades 7-12 who earn a remediation free overall score on a college readiness exam, such as the ACT, SAT or COMPASS. To participate, students must be enrolled in both college and high school. The student will earn transcripted college and high school credit upon successful completion of the course. These credits are acknowledged at public Ohio colleges and universities.
Mayfield High School will be presenting the specific framework and functions of the College Credit Plus Program, on January 18th, 2018 from 7:00-8:00 PM in the MHS Cafeteria. Topics for discussion:
- Why CCP? Three or more semester credits = 1 Carnegie unit of high school credit . Grades will be weighted on a honors/AP scale dependent upon equivalence of course offerings. It will be reflected within the high school transcript and calculated into the grade point average.
- CCP on and off campus? TWO (2) Mayfield offerings
- Lakeland Partnership
- Sign up?
- School Schedule – Choose the course
- College Readiness exams
- Letter of Intent due March 23rd
- Student responsibilities
- Administrators, Guidance Counselors and local college representatives available for questions.