Related Arts and Exploratory Classes
Student performance in these classes will be reported in Pinnacle using the following terms: Accomplished, Skilled or Developing.
Accomplished: Meets criteria and expectations of the standard.
1. Follows instructions given to complete all project requirements.
2. Uses the help feature or collaborates with others to find answers.
3. Adapts and creates new strategies and exceptionally creative uses
for the computer application being taught.
Skilled: Gaining understanding of the standards with practice and support
1. Project was incomplete in some way and not all features of the computer
application were demonstrated.
2. The help feature and collaboration were rarely used to answer questions.
Developing: Experiences difficulty and requires consistent practice and support.
1. The computer application can only be used with teacher or peer assistance.
2. Very few of the computer application's features were used independently.
Assessments in Digital Media ad Digital Communication are primarily project based.
- These projects are completed in class and deadlines are assigned.
- If a student is absent or falling behind on a project, they may come in any morning at 7:30 a.m. or during their Advisory to work on their project.
- Passes are on my desk and must be filled out before coming in during Advisory or before school.
- On project based assessments or Atomic Learning assignments, if a student is not happy with the grade they receive, they may come in on their own time to improve their grade.
- Deadline for improving grades is the second last day of class, unless an extension is made by the teacher for a special circumstance.
- Bottom line….communicate with your teacher. Everyone can earn a Level 3 Accomplished, it just might take extra effort.