Credits: 3 credits each year (2 Courses/yr-1.5 credits each)
Taught in a Project Based Learning environment, in which groups/teams work together to complete projects and deliverables regarding different aspects of the Health Care Industry:
• PBL is where students work through projects over an extended period of time to solve a problem or challenge in an engaging, hands-on, team-oriented, real-world environment.
• The projects entail being provided a healthcare based scenario and then, after research, analysis, conducting studies, etc, creating end-all ‘deliverables’ based on the findings; this is done within teams/small groups.
• The program involves computer use daily, including use of the Internet, Research, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Prezi, Moviemaker, Audacity, and Access.
• The H.I. Program’s learning environment allows for students to take control of each project and, within the groups, delve into the content, ask questions, find answers, and make real-life connections between the healthcare industry and their lives.
• Data & Use
• Transforming Data into Information
• Billing and Coding
• Problems & Solutions
• Lakeland Community College-up to 8 credits
• Data Analyst
• Clinical Researcher
• Public Health Nurse
• Risk Manager of a Hospital System
• Hospital Network Administrator
• Blood Bank Coordinator
• Insurance Underwriter
• Community Health Program Coordinator