Mrs. Amy Hillis
Bachelor of Music in Music Education - Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
Master of Music in Music Education - Kent State University
Specialized training - Orff levels I and II, Kodaly level I
K - 5 Music specialist
Millridge /MCHI Elementary Schools
Millridge Music Notes
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to music! The music classes at Millridge are off to a great start and will be accomplishing great things this year. All music classes are singing, dancing, and playing instruments as we develop our musical skills. I wanted to take a moment to inform you of the expectations of students in the music classroom.
* All students are expected to participate in all classroom activities
* Parents must notify Mrs. Hillis if special exemptions are appropriate.
* Primary learning goals for the year are:
- Student keeps a steady beat and performs grade-level appropriate rhythms.
- Student sings in tune and matches pitches appropriate for the grade level.
- Student plays classroom instruments with proper technique.
* Music Classroom Rules (These rules have been discussed with the children.) - Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Treat others with kindness and respect
- Respect property and treat music supplies with care
- A verbal warning will be given
- An appropriate consequence will follow
- Consequences may include a time-out, loss of recess, or time in hallway or with principal.
- As they are necessary, phone calls and/or letters to parents will be made.
If your child has been taking music and/or dance lessons I would love to know. Please keep me informed of the musical activities your children enjoy participating in. If you ever have any questions or concerns relating to music class send a note, email or call me at school, 995-7279.