Site: Northern Career Institute-Eastlake
COLLEGE CREDITS - Tech Prep/CT2
Two-year program: grades 11-12
Willoughby-School of Practical Nursing is committed to excellence by providing nursing education preparation through classroom, lab, simulation, and clinical experiences. For over 50 years the practical nursing program has been offered to both adult and high school students and remains one of the few high school programs available to students in Ohio.
Our nursing program affords the student the ability to think critically and use problem-solving processes while providing care to patients. The nursing profession is an exciting and fast paced career with continuous learning opportunities. Nursing is a flexible career with diverse opportunities. Being entrusted with a life and making a difference happens every day with this profession.
• Passage of a pre-entrance test with a proficient score: ACT WorkKeys tests - Applied Math for Healthcare [score =>5]; Workplace Documents [score =>5]; and Graphic Literacy [score =>4]
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Instructor: Kim Nye
- Education: Ursuline College-Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Registered Nurse; Kent State University-Masters of Education in Career & Technical Education.
- Work Experience: Willoughby-Eastlake City Schools/Willoughby-Eastlake School of Practical Nursing (10.5 yrs);Cleveland Clinic Foundation-Pediatric Nurse/Medical-surgical nursing floor (16 yrs); Interim Health Care-Home Health Nurse (3 yrs).
- Awards: The Hannah Boland Pediatric Clinical Excellence Award; Preceptor Certification of Recognition.
- Hobbies: Baking, exercising, gardening, spending time with family.