Monday, August 22
1. Students will be assignment first homework assignment.
2. The homework procedure will be explained along with expectations and due dates.
3. The string trimmer will be explained, demonstrated and full safety use explained.
4. Students will take string trimmer safety test. 100% needed to pass.
5. Students will practice using safety gear and starting the sting trimmer.
Tuesday, August 23
Work Project - Mrs. Maholick (This marks the 30 consecutive year that Mrs. Maholick has allowed us to use her horse property to teach the students.)
1. Students will clean the horse arena.
2. Students will use the string trimmer to trim the horse arena, using full safety gear.
3. Students will cut back day lilies.
4. Students will learn what a perennial is.
5. Students will learn fall perennial care.
Wednesday, August 24
1. Students will be explained the procedure and expectations of the plant identification tests.
2. Students will discuss and see trees #1.
3. Students will practice using string trimmer in full safety gear.
4. Students will edge and weed front beds.
Thursday, August 25.
1. Virtual learning.
2. Students will practice using string trimmers in full safety gear.
3. Students will weed and edge front beds.
4. Students will be instructed on pond fish care.
5. Students will learn how to feed the fish.
Friday, August 25
Work Project - Sister Mehling (this is the 5th consecutive year Sister Mehling has allowed us to use her yard to learn landscaping.)
1. Students will prune boxwood.
2. Students will prune out dead wood in a tree.
3. students will repair a stone edge.