1. Remain in your assigned seat. You should only be out of your seat with my permission.
2. Speak when it’s appropriate. If we are having a discussion, raise your hand, wait to be called on, and then feel free to speak. If we are working in small groups, keep the conversation focused on the task at hand.
3. Ask three before you ask me. Consult with your neighbors before you raise your hand to ask me a question. Learn from each other.
4. Help each other out. If you see a classmate struggling with a task or falling behind, and you know how to do something, lend a hand and help him or her out.
5. Practice your self-advocacy skills. A large part of this class is about becoming information literate; that means stretching your comfort zone to find answers to questions you might have. You can find answers or solve problems on your own if you just dig a little deeper!
Negative Consequences: If a student chooses to not follow class rules
1st time: Verbal warning.
2nd time: Consequence related to action/ moving assigned seat if needed
3rd time: Detention with teacher during lunch
4th time: Parent phone call
5th time: Parent conference
6th time: Office referral. Depending upon the severity of the incident, an office referral may need to immediately be handed out at a consequence.