The College Credit Plus Program was created to enhance students’ college and career readiness and postsecondary success. The program is open to students in grades 7-12 who earn a remediation free overall score on a college readiness exam, such as the ACT, SAT or COMPASS. To participate, students must be enrolled in both college and high school. The student will earn transcripted college and high school credit upon successful completion of the course. These credits are acknowledged at public Ohio colleges and universities.
Please note (per Ohio Revised Code 3365.035) "The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs."
Mayfield High School will be presenting the specific framework and functions of the College Credit Plus Program, on Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 from 6:30-7:30 PM in the HS Cafeteria.
Topics for discussion:
- Why CCP? Three or more semester credits = 1 Carnegie unit of high school credit . Grades will be weighted on a honors/AP scale dependent upon equivalence of course offerings. It will be reflected within the high school transcript and calculated into the grade point average.
- CCP on and off campus? TWO (2) Mayfield offerings
- Lakeland Partnership
- Sign up?
- School Schedule – Choose the course
- College Readiness exams
- CCP Checklist due April 1st, 2023
- Student responsibilities
- Administrator, Guidance Counselor and local college representatives available for questions.