: Studio Art packet completed, six portfolio pieces, reference letter from art teacher and interview with Excel TECC instructor
Credits: 3 credits each year (2 Courses/yr-1.5 credits each)
• To embrace creative problem solving and visual communications while developing individual expressions within content, image and message.
• To analyze interdisciplinary connections that influence social and cultural contexts of visual imagery.
• To identify, examine and understand the aesthetic, stylistic and functional considerations of designing objects, environments and communications.
• To create a portfolio of art works that demonstrates high level of craftsmanship and conceptual understanding for display in various regional and national student exhibitions.
• To expand visual literacy as a means to create images that advance individual expression and communication.
• To develop and support a personal philosophy of art based on aesthetic theories and understanding of visual culture.
• To investigate and plan strategies for lifelong involvement and advocacy of the arts.
• Business of Arts & Communication
• Visual Creation
• Visual Design Primer
• Advertising & Communication Primer
POST-SECONDARY ARTICULATION:CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
• Cuyahoga Community College-up to 6 credits
• Kent State University-up to 12 credits
- Interior Design
- Display Design
- Graphic Design
- Package Design
- Cartoon Illustration
- Product Design