The Physical Education department offers a comprehensive program encompassing team sports, fitness, and novel sports skills. Team sports include fast football, basketball, soccer, floor hockey, volleyball, and softball. The fitness unit focuses on cross country, track, and the President's Challenge Fitness Test, and is enhanced by the indoor fitness facility. Additionally, archery and elementary games units are offered as novel activities. All sixth and seventh graders have the opportunity to participate in the homeroom intramural program. Seventh graders can apply for a leadership position as a student referee.
- Students are expected to arrive on time to PE and to get ready to participate in a timely manner.
- Students are to change their clothes for every Physical Education class. (Must wear the Mayfield Middle School PE uniform shirt, any athletic shorts/pants, and tennis shoes for PE).
- Physical Education uniform shirts can be purchased for $13.00 from the PE office in the lower gym.
- Students interested in keeping belongings in the locker rooms can purchase a school combination lock from the PE staff in the lower gym office for $5.
- Students are expected to follow directions and class rules set forth by the PE staff.