Eighth graders participate in Physical Education every day during either the first or second semester. Eight day units focus on individual and team sports. An emphasis is also placed on personal fitness and setting active lifestyle goals. Units covered in eighth grade PE are: Track, Soccer, Softball, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Pinball, Fitness, Paddleball, and Archery (for 2nd Semester PE students).
- Students are expected to arrive on time to PE and to get ready to participate in a timely manner.
- Students are to change their clothes for every Physical Education class. (Must wear the Mayfield Middle School PE uniform shirt, any athletic shorts/pants, and tennis shoes for PE).
- Physical Education uniform shirts can be purchased for $13.00 from the PE office in the lower gym.
- Students interested in keeping belongings in the locker rooms can purchase a school combination lock from the PE staff in the lower gym office for $5.
- Students are expected to follow directions and class rules set forth by the PE staff.