Home + School
Welcome Parents and Educators! I am Natalie Senra, the Parent Mentor for Mayfield City Schools. As Parent Mentor, I guide and assist families through the special education process. I also provide information and resources to parents and school personnel. The home and the school work together as a team to meet the needs of your Unique Learner. I help to strengthen your child's team through partnership and collaboration. I believe that getting your child's needs met is the team's goal. Together we can make it happen.
I am a parent of two children in the Mayfield School System, one of whom has an identified developmental disability. I am also a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in private practice. Every day both of my children teach me, and challenge me, to appreciate all our wonderfully different abilities.
The Parent Mentor project is funded through the Ohio Department of Education. For more information:
When to Contact Me
- For questions about the special education process
- For help with planning or changing your child’s IEP or 504
- If you need help getting services for your child
- If you need a willing, compassionate ear
- For suggestions for future programming
- To join my database (for email notices about future events and programming)
How to Contact Me
JOIN US: How to Help Kids with Anxiety and Worry
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Millridge Center (MCHI), in the Learning Center
950 Millridge Rd., Highland Hts
* Common Worry and Anxiety issues *Learn coping skills for worry/anxiety
* Tips to Help Your Child in School * When to seek professional help
* How Anxiety Affects Children with Special Needs
* Get your Anxiety questions answered!
Dr. Mary Gabriel and Dr. John Hertzer are psychiatrists who have been working with children and adolescents for over 20 years. The University Hospitals Discovery and Wellness Center for Children is a pediatric research center housed within the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at UH Case Medical center. Their goal is to compassionately conduct clinically meaningful research that will better the lives of children and adolescents suffering from psychiatric illnesses.
OPEN TO ALL MAYFIELD FAMILIES
Limited Seating, SO PLEASE RSVP BY EMAIL OR PHONE to Parent Mentor, Natalie Senra
(firstname.lastname@example.org OR 440-995-7484)
Get free help with your IEP! Contact Terri McIntee,M.A., Family and Community Involvement Consultant at the Educational Service Center (ESC). 216-446-3810 or email@example.com
MILESTONES Autism Organization introduces a new workshop series designed by parents for parents! Learn about MPEN (Milestones Parent Empowerment Network) at http://milestones.org/what-we-do/milestones-parent-empowerment-network-mpen/
Looking for ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS?
check out SUMMER CAMPS AND BEYOND. (See Event Flyers at right). This lists MANY year-round activities, intervention professionals, and SUMMER CAMPS for children with special needs.
PRESCHOOL FAMILIES (FREE RESOURCES):
***New research shows that Positive Parenting style has big impact on kids with disabilities.
- “In households where positive parenting is applied, the symptoms and severity of the child’s disability are more likely to decrease over time,” ( Journal of Research in Developmental Disabilities, Nov 2012).
Find the entire article in the Disability Scoop, an online newsletter about disabilities, at http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2012/11/16/parenting-style-big-impact/16842/