Thursday, October 31st is a very exciting day for the children. There are many activities planned thanks to our PTG and room helpers.
The traditional Costume Parade will begin at 1:30, followed by refreshments provided by the PTG and served in the classrooms.
The Fall Harvest Party (for those NOT celebrating Halloween) will be held in our lunch room at 1:15.
The snacks for the Halloween and Harvest parties will be:
Cheezits, a Giant Eagle sugar cookie and a Capri Sun drink. If your child is unable to eat/drink any of these items, please send in a safe snack for them on the day of the party.
There are a few things the staff is requesting regarding the costuming, accessories and party;
- Do feel free to watch your child in the hallways or outside by Millridge Road on the grass (weather permitting) for our annual Halloween Parade starting around 1:30. Please be aware that only parents assigned for that day will be permitted into the classrooms.
- Do send all students to school in regular, comfortable clothing.
- Do allow your child to bring their costume to school on Thursday, October 31st to wear in the afternoon.
- Do send only make-up that can be easily put on in the classroom by the student right before the parade.
- Do make sure younger students are able to put on their own costumes.
- Do make sure masks have large eye holes for safety purposes.
To assist in this celebration, please:
- Do not send children to school with any part of their costume on.
- Do not send children with make-up on their face or difficult make-up or accessories.
- Do not send representations of weapons or sharp objects.
- Do not send any food/candy in with your child. Food sent in will not be distributed or sent back home.
*Please do not arrive before 1:15 unless you are involved with the Harvest Party, or have special permission from the teacher. All names must be on a list to allow early entry to the classrooms.
Our Halloween Party and the Harvest Celebration are one of the busiest days for parking and traffic. Your patience is appreciated when picking your child up after school.
Harvest Party Flyer