Welcome Parents and Educators! I'm Shari DeCarlo, the Parent Mentor for Mayfield City
Schools. As Parent Mentor, I guide and assist families through the special education
process. I also provide information and resources to parents and school personnel.
Home and school work together as a team to meet the needs of your unique learner,
and my role is to strengthen your child's team through partnership and collaboration.
Meeting your child's needs is the team's goal. Let's make it happen.
I'm the proud mother of two daughters who both have special needs. My older
daughter is a graduate of Mayfield High School, and my youngest is in the 6th grade.
I have spent years as an active volunteer for special needs advocacy. I believe deeply
in inclusion, and in community for the families of our exceptional children.
When to Contact Me
- For questions about the special education process
- For help with planning or changing your child’s IEP or 504 (I attend meetings, too!)
- If you need help getting services for your child
- If you need a willing, compassionate ear
- For suggestions for future programming
- To join my database (for email notices about future events)
HELPFUL LINKS TO GET YOU STARTED
Whose IDEA is This?